Welcome to Don Bosco Park Circus
Don Bosco School, Park Circus, Kolkata, established in 1958, is an English Medium Anglo-Indian School for Catholic boys administered by the Salesians of Don Bosco (Northern India). As such it is a minority institution belonging to the Catholic Church. Provision is also made for the admissions of non-Catholic boys.
Aim of the Institution
- The aim of the institution is to impart sound value based education by inculcating in the boys habits of piety, virtue, discipline and self-reliance during the years of their studies, thus enabling them to be dutiful sons of the Catholic Church and useful citizens of their motherland, India.
- The method of education followed in the school is the Preventive System taught and practised by St. John Bosco. It is based on Reason, Religion, Faith and Loving kindness. We seek to form the young, through education, into men of character, competence, conscience, compassion, commitment and without discrimination who will foster uprightness in public life.
- The school is a Christian Minority Institution recognized by the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions, Government of India (Vide F.No.1710 of 2006, dated 12/01/2007) and Department of Education of the Government of West Bengal, and is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi, (School Code WB 013) for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ICSE), the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISC) and the Council for Vocational Education (CVE).
- Religious Instruction: Being a Christian institution, the classes of Christian Doctrine (Catechism) are compulsory for Christian students. All other students must attend classes of Moral Science/Value Education, which deals with moral principles, values and rules of conduct. A student must strive to attain qualities of mind and heart and integrate into his life, virtues such as honesty, sincerity, piety, compassion, generosity, love for nature and self reliance.
- DBPC provides inclusive education, therefore parents are required to declare during the admission if the child suffers from any major illness. However, if a child develops any serious illness during the course of his studies here, for which he needs special treatment & care, he may have to change the school subsequently.
- Discipline: Special attention is given to ensure a high standard of morality and discipline in the school. Guardians are requested to collaborate with the School Authorities by insisting on regular attendance and punctuality of their wards.